Get a Complete Guide on Study in Australia for Indian Students
Study in Australia
Demographics: Australia is among the happiest nations and one of the best countries to live in. It has some of the best cities for students to live in based on affordability, quality of living and opportunities of employment. The best colleges in the country are situated in cities like Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth. The locals are warm and friendly.
Courses offered: The colleges and universities of Australia have an advantage of having a variety of courses in their curriculum. Almost all the colleges and universities provide specialized courses. Students can choose their subjects depending upon their area of interest and also take up combinations if they want to. One also has the option of choosing full time or part time course. The popular courses are Engineering, Law & Administration, Hospitality & Tourism, Mathematics and Computing, Visual & Performing Arts, Information Technology, Health Sciences, Agriculture, Education, Communication, Science, Social Studies, Humanities etc.
How English Language Is Important:Like most of the English-speaking nations the students need to crack TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or PTE (Pearson Test of English) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) to get admission in a desired college
Work permit: Students can work for up to 40 hours but only after their course commences. In case work is a normal part of their curriculum then this limit does not apply. Students that fall under the Post Graduate Research Sector can work for unlimited hours when the research work or doctoral thesis begins. After completing their studies, students may apply for a Post Study Work Permit.
Student visa: : Generally, it takes 2 to 30 days to get the visa formalities done. One needs to apply for student visa (subclass 500). To acquire a visa, you are required to fulfil certain other criteria including providing genuine financial capacity data, level of English knowledge, health insurance, a justification of gap years (if any) among others
For details visit site https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas
There are many scholarships available such as
1. Go Clean Awards: It is merit based and available for Business, Engineering, Science, Computers, Humanities, Medicine, Law courses.
2. Forktip Women’s Innovation Scholarships: It is based on need and merit basis and is available for women pursuing Business, Engineering, Science, Computers, Humanities, Medicine, Law courses.
3. Dr Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarship- Computers (Bachelors): It is available on merit based and is available for computer courses only.
4. Monash International Merit Scholarship (PG): It is based on merit and is available for Business, Science and Computers.
There are many more.
1. Compilation of all necessary documents.
2. All the necessary payments should be done and one should apply at the concerned department.
3. Additional documents should be produced if required.
4. One has to keep track of their application.
5. If one is under 18 years then one should have appropriate welfare arrangements.
There are several options available as far as accommodation in Australia is concerned.
1. Hostels provided by the university which have all the basic amenities
2. Home stay which is similar to paying guest system in which families accommodate students and provide them with an independent room with all the amenities
3. One can stay in independent flats, its good option for someone who is discreet about privacy; however it turns out to be slightly expensive.